Saturday, November 4, 2017

Famous Last Words, Week 11

Hi everybody!

It has been a decent week! The readings for the class have been very enjoyable. I chose to read the Southwest/California unit and had a blast. Fortunately, I was able to complete both readings early in the week so that I would not scramble last minute like I have done on occasion. Because of that, I think my Reading Notes have been better than usual.

For my actual storytelling, I have to admit that I am a bit disappointed in it. I was on campus until 3 A.M. Thursday night, so I had to scramble Friday morning to have my story submitted. Although following all of the necessary conditions, I felt that it could have been a lot better if I had more time. If I do decide to submit it into my portfolio, I believe I will edit it drastically!

Bedlam was today, and I'm really happy and excited to share that we won! It was a nail biting game, lasting about four hours because of the fact that it turned out to be a shoot-out! I wanted to finish up this extra credit assignment earlier, but the game was too good to ignore!

For next week, I hope to have all of my assignments done on time and of the caliber that I am pleased with. I am seriously hoping that I will not fall behind this week. At this point, it looks like I should be done with the course a week before Dead Week, and I would like to keep it that way! If all goes to plan, I can hopefully even finish before that! It is not that I do not like this class, it's just that I wanted to have this class out of the way when all of my math courses finally hit me!

Good luck to the rest of you guys!

Image result
(Optimism! :

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kevin! I also try to get those readings done early so I am not scrambling. I either get them both done SUPER early or am rushing in the final minutes to hit publish. I have been working on it though and I am finally better at scheduling out when I am the most productive to finish up a few assignments at a time.
    I agree that this bedlam was quite stressful. I am just glad we came out on top! I hope you have a great week and are able to squeeze in some time to work on assignments so you can focus on those math courses later on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin,
    I read the story you had posted for Week 11. You should give yourself some credit. You did a great job of recreating your own origin story. I was also watching the Bedlam game yesterday and I was stressed the entire game. I have family that graduated from OSU and we also have a bet that whichever team loses the other side has to wear the winning team’s shirts. Thankfully, I got to wear an OU shirt today and my grandmother and aunt were also in OU apparel. Keep up the great work, we only have four weeks left of the class. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete