Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Reading Notes: King Arthur, Part A

For this week's reading, I decided to read the King Arthur Unit. I have always been a fan of King Arthur and his stories. I like how, after centuries of storytelling, this story is still relevant. Things like Kingsman and King Arthur: Legend of the Sword are all recent movies that have sought to keep this story within the minds of this generation.

The greatest aspect that I took from these readings is the development of Arthur. We get to meet Arthur as a young common-man, watch him fall in love and marry, and see him develop as a noble king. Since many of our stories that we write are, at most, one-thousand words long, it will be hard to incorporate the same level of character development in our stories. However, it isn't exactly impossible. At this moment, I can see myself writing about a young man, maybe a drop-out, who joins the military and watch him evolve into a high-ranking officer. I am going to wait until after I have read the rest of the unit before deciding, however.

Bibliography: King Arthur: Tales of the Round Table. Andrew Lang. Link.

Image result for king arthur

(King Arthur, upon discovering Excalibur:

No comments:

Post a Comment